Fishers, IN Geothermal Repair Services
Geothermal Repair in Fishers, Indiana
One of the most reliable and durable heating and cooling systems in Fishers, Indiana is geothermal. Many homeowners invest in these geothermal installations to reduce energy use and provide a more stable carbon footprint for their homes. Other homeowners purchase a home with a geothermal system already installed. In both cases, working with a trusted geothermal heat pump expert is vital to longer success.
At Thiele Heating and Air Conditioning, we have cared for homeowners’ HVAC needs throughout Central Indiana since 1883. During our long history, we have stayed on the cutting edge of all heating and cooling systems. This is especially true of geothermal and air source heat pumps. In recent years, these systems have grown in popularity because they operate on electricity. Unlike furnaces and other HVAC equipment, geothermal systems do not create direct emissions. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule geothermal services in the Fishers, IN area.Schedule Service
Working with a Geothermal Expert
The first challenge of owning a geothermal system is that many HVAC contractors are only familiar with traditional furnaces and central air conditioning systems. Thiele is a local geothermal expert in Fishers and the greater Indianapolis area. This means our technicians specialize in designing, installing, repairing and maintaining the ground loop systems, indoor air handlers and radiant systems that many homeowners enjoy within your home.
At Thiele, we focus on building long term relationships with our customers. So when you are considering installing a new geothermal system or you have purchased a property with a geothermal heat pump, contact our team for complete solutions. We provide easy to understand answers about how the system works, how to perform maintenance and when to contact our team for geothermal repairs in Fishers.Schedule Service
9 Common Geothermal Issues and How to Identify the Warning Signs
Because geothermal repairs are infrequent, some homeowners struggle to respond quickly to the signs of trouble. As with all HVAC equipment, the most effective way to avoid geothermal repairs is regular maintenance. Thiele offers geothermal maintenance each spring and fall. These inspections verify the system is in proper working order and advise homeowners if there are minor problems to repair.
Catching minor problems before you need a repair can save thousands of dollars and prevent major catastrophes within your HVAC system. When properly designed and installed, geothermal heating systems are generally highly efficient, reliable and low-maintenance. These 9 signs help you respond quickly and call Thiele for expert geothermal repairs in Fishers.
1. Faulty thermostat: Overlooking the importance of your thermostat is easily excusable. For most homeowners, adjusting the thermostat a few times during the year is all the required interaction with the system. The thermostat is actually the control center for your geothermal heating system. If the thermostat malfunctions, you may experience issues with changes in temperatures, fluctuations in running cycles, and even a power loss of the geothermal system. A complete inspection of the thermostat is one of the quickest ways to repair a geothermal system. Faulty electrical connections, low battery levels and component failure can lead to thermostat issues. Geothermal repairs in Fishers may simply need a new thermostat.
2. Faulty heat pump: The air handler within your home can experience issues. There are many moving parts that need maintenance and care. Even with the best professional geothermal maintenance, you experience issues with the heat pump. Strange sounds, odd smells and other changes in performance should prompt a call for geothermal repairs before the system breaks down.
3. Refrigerant leaks: Geothermal systems use refrigerant to transfer heat energy between the ground loop and the indoor air handler. A leak within the refrigerant lines, fittings or coils can change overall performance. Geothermal repairs in Fishers are often connected to dirty components and lack of maintenance. Over time a leak in the system can cause reduced heating performance and higher energy bills.
4. Liquid flow issues: Geothermal systems rely on liquid to transfer heat throughout the radiant system. If there are issues with the flow or circulation of fluid, it can cause reduced heating performance and even system damage. If you experience inconsistent performance within the radiant portion of your system, then you should call for geothermal repair.
5. Electrical issues: Geothermal systems have a variety of electrical components that can malfunction and corrode with time. Inside the air handler, the blower motor, electrical wiring, and various sensors may all be susceptible to wear and damage.
6. Dirt and debris buildup: Lack of cleaning allows dirt, dust, and other debris to accumulate in the system. Foreign debris and clogs within the system can cause power loss, poor performance and even shorten the lifespan of your HVAC system. Contact Thiele for prompt and effective geothermal repair if you experience excessive dust inside your home, weak air flow, and other efficiency issues related to dirt.
7. Ground loop issues: The ground loop is the part of the geothermal system that circulates fluid through the ground. Climate changes within your property including freezing, flooding, erosion and drought can change soil conditions and create issues with the loop. This type of geothermal repair is less common on newer systems but as a system ages past 10 years old, you may need to have ground loop repairs performed.
8. Airflow problems: Weak airflow can be an issue within the ductwork, dirty air filters or mechanical problems with the geothermal heat pump. Professional geothermal repairs can repair ductwork issues like leaks and clogs. Thiele also helps present simple solutions to reduce the risk of blocked airflow in the future. If you notice weak airflow or an increase in energy bills contact our team for geothermal repair.
9. Pump or valve issues: Geothermal systems use pumps and valves to control the flow of fluid and refrigerant. Like other mechanical systems, the pumps and valves can malfunction. Common signs of these problems include reduced performance or system failure.Schedule Service
Contact Thiele Heating & Air Conditioning
Every homeowner with a geothermal HVAC system should enjoy the long term benefits. As well as using a renewable energy source, geothermal systems are extremely energy efficient. These systems can save considerably compared to other systems and installing geothermal in Fishers is one of the most durable HVAC options available.
At Thiele Heating & Air Conditioning, we recommend contacting our team for regular maintenance. Affordable geothermal maintenance prevents damage and ensures your system is running efficiently year-round. When you hire Thiele, you can count on our team to deliver friendly technicians backed by more than a century of HVAC experience. No matter what geothermal repairs you need, trust our team for the best solutions in town.Schedule Service