Fishers, IN Geothermal Installation Services
Geothermal Installation in Fishers, Indiana
Have you considered the long term benefits of installing a geothermal system in Fishers? In recent years, geothermal heat pumps have become extremely popular because of their durability and energy efficiency. While many homeowners have heard about installing geothermal systems, you may need help to learn if heat pumps are the right choice for your home and family.
At Thiele Heating & Air Conditioning, we have the answers to all of your questions. Our team carefully evaluates your property and home for the best geothermal system recommendations. During this process we answer any questions you may have whether you are installing a brand new system, replacing an older geothermal system or upgrading your conventional HVAC system to geothermal.
A key to Thiele’s ongoing success is our guiding principles of value, integrity and reliability. We have served Central Indiana since 1883 with customer-focused solutions. No matter how much heating and cooling equipment has changed, homeowners in Fishers always value expert advice and easy-to-understand fixes. While we have many years of experience and a deep understanding of the best heating and cooling systems, your family needs the best value and most reliable solution for your home.Schedule Service
What are Geothermal Heat Pump Systems?
The first step in understanding whether geothermal is the right system for your home and family is understanding the difference between this technology and conventional gas furnaces and air conditioners.
A geothermal heat pump system is a type of HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system that uses the natural heat of the earth to regulate indoor temperatures. A traditional furnace burns natural gas or propane to generate heat. Air conditioners use electricity and refrigerants to produce cold. Unlike these traditional HVAC systems, a geothermal heat pump system uses a series of pipes buried in the ground around your property to exchange heat with the earth.
The system consists of two main components: the indoor unit and the ground loop. The indoor unit circulates air across coils. Heat is exchanged or transferred to either heat your home in the winter or cool your home during the summer months. The ground loop is filled with a fluid that absorbs heat from the earth during the winter and releases heat into the earth during the summer.
Geothermal heat pump systems are highly efficient and can reduce your home’s energy consumption and carbon footprint. They are also renewable and sustainable, as they rely on the stable temperature within the ground instead of fossil fuels. Geothermal heat pump systems can be installed in many homes and can be customized to provide radiant heat in floors and even power your water heaters.Schedule Service
Are Geothermal Systems Better Than Conventional HVAC?
When you consider installing geothermal heat pumps in Fishers, you must gauge the pros and cons compared to the more traditional combination of furnaces and air conditioners. At Thiele, we carefully select the best equipment in all of our HVAC equipment. This allows you to choose the best system for your home without sacrificing quality.
A few of the key benefits of geothermal systems include:
- Energy Efficiency: Geothermal systems are highly efficient and can reduce energy consumption by up to 50% compared to traditional gas furnaces with air conditioners. Although air conditioners, high-efficiency furnaces and air source heat pumps continue to improve in performance, geothermal remains a very stable source of low-cost energy.
- Renewable and Sustainable: Installing geothermal systems in Fishers is a way to reduce your carbon footprint. Geothermal systems use the natural heat of the earth and electricity to operate the systems. These systems help reduce your home’s reliance on fossil fuels and eliminate direct emissions from your HVAC system.
- Longevity: While installing a geothermal heat pump system has a higher initial cost, the long-term durability of these systems is impressive. Geothermal systems have a long lifespan, with many lasting up to 25 years or more with minimal maintenance. This means fewer repair and replacement costs over time compared to furnaces and air conditioners with average service lives of 12-15 years.
- Greater Comfort: Geothermal systems provide consistent, even heating and cooling throughout your home. Radiant flooring adds another layer of comfort to your home. With no hot or cold spots throughout their homes, many homeowners can reduce temperature settings without sacrificing comfort.
- Increased Home Value: Geothermal systems are a valuable asset that often appeals to new homebuyers. Unlike a conventional system, a geothermal system can increase the resale value of your home for homebuyers looking for energy-efficient and sustainable homes.
How is Geothermal Equipment Installed?
When you contact Thiele, our team will walk you through each step of the installation process. We understand that many homeowners are concerned about the impact of digging and drilling on your property. Fortunately, our process is easy to understand and minimally invasive.
Generally, there are 5 stages to installing a geothermal heat pump:
- Site Evaluation: The first step is to evaluate your property. Our experts match the system to the size and design of your home. We also consider the soil conditions to design a ground loop that works for your home.
- Installing Ground Loop: A network of pipes called a ground loop, is installed in the ground. This is the most invasive step because we will need to bore or dig a trench in your property. Once installed, the ground loop is filled with fluid.
- Indoor Unit Installation: The indoor heat pump unit circulates air inside your home. The heat exchange occurs within the indoor unit. During the winter heat from the ground is transferred into your home. During the cooling months, heat is removed from the air inside your home and transferred into the ground system.
- System Testing: The indoor system and outdoor ground loop are connected and tested. Our technicians are careful to evaluate and optimize the system.
- Backfilling: All outside work is filled in once the system is operational. From the outside, your property will return to its original condition.
Purchasing a new geothermal system can be a major expense. For some homeowners, the long-term benefits are appealing but the upfront expense may hesitate. Thiele Heating & Air Conditioning offers financing options for geothermal heat pump installation with a simple online process. Because geothermal lasts for decades, breaking the installation costs into monthly payments makes sense.Schedule Service
When you decide to invest in a geothermal system, you need it to perform efficiently and last for as long as possible. Manufacturers provide a strong warranty and include recommended service intervals. When you hire Thiele, you gain a local partner that is committed to caring for your HVAC system. Our maintenance plans make scheduling your regular tune ups easy and affordable. When you choose to install a geothermal in Fishers, Indiana with Thiele, regular maintenance protects your equipment from defects and makes sure your entire HVAC system is running at peak performance all year round.Schedule Service
Contact Thiele for Geothermal Services in Fishers, IN
No matter what type of heating and cooling questions you have, call Thiele for the solutions. From helpful and friendly support staff to our highly experienced technicians, everyone at Thiele enjoys educating homeowners about HVAC including geothermal installation in Fishers. As a local business, we understand that homeowners value honesty, integrity and common sense solutions.Schedule Service