Dehumidifier Services in Greenfield, Indiana
Greenfield, IN Dehumidifier Installation
When you come inside on a hot summer day, you expect your home to be free of the weight of the humidity that you felt outside. If your home is cool, but you still feel sticky, you might have a humidity issue within your home. Whole house dehumidifiers work with your air conditioner to provide additional comfort within your home to lower humidity levels and remove excess moisture from the air. The team at Thiele Heating and Air Conditioning is here to help you find relief with dehumidifier installation service in Greenfield, IN.
Thiele has been serving the greater Indianapolis area, including Greenfield for over 130 years. You can count on our expertise in HVAC systems and equipment to know how to best help your home feel comfortable. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of whole-house dehumidifiers and see if one should be installed in your home.Schedule Service
Signs Your Home Could Use A Whole House Dehumidifier
Not sure whether a dehumidifier is a good fit for your home? If you’ve noticed any of the following issues plaguing your home, you might want to seriously consider adding a house dehumidifier to your HVAC system.
- Condensation buildup on the inside of your windows. Condensation indoors can damage wood flooring, furniture, and windows.
- Visible mold growth. A dehumidifier can help combat mold growth.
- Mildew smell. Moisture can cause mildew to grow which creates musty odors.
- Physical symptoms such as sneezing, headaches, coughing, and difficulty breathing.
How Does a Dehumidifier Work?
As the name suggests, a dehumidifier is a device that reduces humidity in a home. It does this by sucking out the moisture in the air of a home and turning it into water. Many people use dehumidifiers in damp areas like basements, a whole house dehumidifier provides coverage to your entire home. Windowless rooms, such as bathrooms and kitchens, tend to hold humid air. The high humidity levels in these rooms can cause mold growth and water damage.
Whole house dehumidifiers are attached to your home’s current HVAC system and work by attracting the air around it to its coils, turning the air into moisture, and then routing that moisture to a drain pan and then out of the home through a condensate drain line. Dehumidifiers can also have settings. Homeowners can set the humidity level to anywhere between 30 and 50 percent humidity, so you are in full control.
Whole house dehumidifiers can help extend the life of your air conditioning system so it doesn’t have to work as hard. When paired with an air conditioner, whole house dehumidifiers can help cut down on energy costs and provide better comfort than just an air conditioner alone.Schedule Service
Benefits of Whole House Dehumidifiers
If you are looking for a way to make your home more comfortable, you may not have thought much about a dehumidifier. In reality, installing a dehumidifier comes with a lot of benefits. Some of the top reasons why homeowners in Greenfield decide to install a dehumidifier in their homes include:
- Prevent Mold: If you have ever had mold in your home, you understand just how difficult it is to get rid of. Mold can lead to a wide variety of health issues, but you can prevent mold from growing in your home if you install a dehumidifier. A dehumidifier can remove moisture from the air, which will stop mold from growing.
- More Comfortable: If your house is too humid, you may find yourself sweating a lot. You should not have to worry about this in your home, and a dehumidifier can rectify this issue for you. With lower humidity levels, you’ll be able to sleep easier too!
- Lower AC Bills: With a dehumidifier, your air conditioner will not have to work as hard to do its job. This means that your AC bills should be lower, helping you save money on cooling costs during the hot summer months.
- Protect Your Health: Installing a dehumidifier can also help you protect your respiratory system. A lot of people suffer from allergies and asthma, and a humid environment can make these issues worse.
Call Thiele For Dehumidifier Installation in Your Greenfield, IN Home
The team at Thiele Heating and Air Conditioning is here to help you decide which kind of home dehumidifier would work best for your needs. You can also count on us for dehumidifier repairs and maintenance. Contact us today to see how a whole house dehumidifier can help you.Schedule Service