Avon, IN Whole House Humidifiers
Whole House Humidifiers in Avon, Indiana
If you live in the local Avon area, you understand just how important it is to have a reliable cooling and heating system. Thiele Heating & Air Conditioning can help with installations, repairs and maintenance of all your HVAC equipment.
Did you know we specialize in indoor air quality, too? Thiele installs a number of devices that help improve the indoor air quality within your home. One of the most common solutions is installing a whole house humidifier to help Indiana homeowners reduce the effects of dry winter air inside your home. Installing a whole house humidifier in Avon, Indiana helps maintain ideal humidity levels no matter how cold and dry the air outside may be.Schedule Service
Does Your Home Need a Humidifier?
If you’re wondering whether you need a humidifier, then you likely are experiencing the symptoms already. The ideal humidity level varies both seasonally and regionally. For Avon, Indiana, an ideal relative indoor humidity range is 30-50%. During the spring and summer, high humidity levels can lead to issues like mold and mildew growth. Many basements and crawl spaces benefit from dehumidifiers during these months. When temperatures drop in the fall and winter, the humidity levels are also reduced. Cold air cannot hold moisture and water vapor like warmer air.
This explains why winter weather in Indiana is notoriously dry. For many homeowners, the symptoms of dry air will sound quite familiar: chapped lips, scratchy throat, dry sinuses, bloody noses, and itchy skin and scalps. Less water vapor in your indoor air also allows dust, debris and allergens to circulate freely. This leads to more coughing and dust buildup on surfaces. You can also see damage to wood surfaces within your home.
If these are familiar signs in your home, then adding a whole house humidifier may be the solution you need.
Measuring Indoor Air Quality
You can also test the humidity within your home by using a small device called a humidistat. These devices can be purchased at many hardware stores. Placing the devices throughout your home provides fairly accurate readings.
The HVAC specialists at Thiele Heating & Air Conditioning use state-of-the-art equipment to test the indoor air quality throughout your home. During our consultation, we can help you pinpoint trouble spots in your home. Frankly, there are few homes in Avon, Indiana that won’t benefit from a whole home humidifier – dry air is just that prevalent.
Can I Get the Same Results from a Portable Humidifier?
Most homeowners in Avon have used a portable humidifier. You might use a tabletop humidifier to help children breathe easier when ill. Some savvy homeowners may own a large model that treats a wider area like a family room or an entire bedroom. There are deficiencies in portable humidifiers, though.
- Wasted Energy – Most models run constantly because they do not feature a humidistat. This can be a waste of electricity. Even models with a humidistat are typically operating more than necessary.
- High Humidity – Overuse of portable humidifiers reverses the problem from dry air to high humidity levels.
- Inconvenience – Not only do portable humidifiers take up space, but they also need to be cleaned and refilled frequently.
The greatest value of a whole house humidifier is treating all of the air within your home quietly, efficiently and reliably. While small units are very effective in limited areas, a complete system requires very little attention from you. These devices declutter your home while making sure all the air circulating throughout your home is optimized.Schedule Service
Benefits of a Whole House Humidifier
There are wide-ranging benefits when you install a humidifier in Avon, Indiana. The primary goal is to optimize the comfort and health of your family members. A dry home has a real impact on the quality of the air you breathe. Thiele Heating & Air Conditioning believes every homeowner in Avon should find refuge from the cold, dry winter air within their home.
Let’s consider some of the benefits of installing a whole house humidifier:
- Lower energy bills – heat held in water vapor helps the air feel more comfortable. When relative humidity is dialed in precisely, you typically lower the thermostat and save on energy use.
- Better physical health – There is a reason so many homeowners already use portable humidifiers near their beds at night. Ideal humidity in the air doesn’t just improve your comfort and mood. Snoring is relieved; allergens are reduced; and respiratory ailments are relieved. Why not enjoy relief from persistent winter maladies with a whole house humidifier?
- Property protection – Wood surfaces throughout your home are damaged by constant and dramatic changes in humidity. Wood floors, furniture, cabinets, desks and tables strain under dry conditions. Cracks and chips to family heirlooms are heartbreaking and unnecessary.
Whole House Humidifier Installation, Repairs and Maintenance
Thiele Heating & Air Conditioning knows the environmental impacts on air quality throughout Indiana. As a local company, we are experts at creating an oasis from the extreme weather conditions in Avon. Contacting our team for any heating, cooling and air quality issues gives homeowners access to our knowledgeable and friendly team. Contact our team today for more information and guidance on improving your home’s indoor air quality.Schedule Service