The Bryant Preferred™ Series Steam Humidifier shown offers a more “dialed-in” level of humidity control to better protect fine furnishings and keep you comfortable in those dry seasons. And with up to 34 gallons output, it may also be the best choice if you have a larger home. Models: HUMXXSTM
The popularity of home humidifiers has increased over the years, as properly humidified air has been found to help improve overall air quality in the home.
- Humidifiers are especially useful during the winter season where heating systems dry out the air.
- Because dry air is a potential source of many ailments, an air humidifier is a good option as a preventive measure.
- A humidifier can significantly prevent the spread of flu and germs.
Many people don’t realize the many benefits that running a humidifier in their homes offers. A home humidifier has many advantages, including:
- Helping to avoid sickness
- Extending the life of the interior of the home
- Reduced energy costs
With Our Extremely Dry Winters, Every Central Indiana Home Should Have a Humidifier
The Bryant® Preferred Series Bypass Humidifier shown works as a value-add to your heating system relying on the furnace or fan coil blower to deliver moisture vapor throughout your home. It improves your whole-home comfort by reducing the effects of dryness including static, sore throats, dry skin and sinuses. Models: HUMBBLBP, HUMBBSBP, HUMBBWBP
Indiana winters bring extremely dry ambient air. Heating systems remove additional moisture from the air inside the house. We recommend that every home in Central Indiana should have a humidifier as part of its ventilation system.
A whole-house humidifier adds moisture to the air throughout your entire house. This extra moisture in the air will help you feel better and avoid getting sick.
- The humidifier helps to eliminate a dry nose, itchy, cracked skin, and many allergy and asthma problems.
- Many viruses that cause sickness can only live in a low humidity environment, so the viruses will die when the moisture level is raised by a humidifier.
- A low humidity environment can weaken your immune system and allow you to become more susceptible to infection.
Get the Correct Humidity Level in Your Home – Too Much Moisture can be as Bad as Too Little
Air humidity below 30% can trigger respiratory symptoms. On the other hand, an air humidity of more than 50% can support the growth of mold, fungi, bacteria and dust mites. Humidifiers include an adjustable humidistat that can be set at a pre-determined humidity level. Typically, a built-in hygrometer gauge reads the humidity level in the room, which allows you to adjust the system to the exact humidity level you want.
Many parents worry everyday that their baby is going to get sick, especially newborns.
- This concern is increased during the winter season because the chances of getting the flu or the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) are much higher during the winter months.
- Proper humidity levels can help children avoid significant sickness in their early years.
Also, consider the loss in value because your expensive furniture has dried out and you will understand the benefits of a humidifier more clearly. Before your wooden chairs start to squeak and wobble when anyone sits in them, make sure your humidifier is working properly.
If you are considering adding a whole-house humidifier to your ventilation system, give Thiele a call today, 317-639-1111, to schedule a home inspection. Our highly-trained inspectors will will perform a free, in-depth inspection and analysis of your home, and provide recommendations for the type and size of humidification system that is the best solution for your home.