Our favorite time of year in Indianapolis, Festival season, is here again. As is our tradition, we offer a look at upcoming festivals in the Indianapolis area to help our readers make plans for their weekend activities.
With such a diversity of offerings, there’s bound to something to interest just about everyone.
These are the festivals and events for the next few weeks. We’ll post more information about later events in mid-June.
- Vintage Indiana – June 2 from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. – Military Park is host to this celebration of Indiana culture and cuisine. Enjoy food from Indiana’s top culinary experts, have a chance to taste more than 200 award-winning wines, browse local art, or dance to live music. Bring your children to the KidZone for interactive fun with the family. For more information, visit http://www.vintageindiana.com/ or call 800-832-WINE. For ticket information and to purchase event tickets online, click here.
- Indy Pride Festival – June 9 at 10 a.m. – watch the Pride Parade as it makes its way down Mass Ave., then spend the afternoon in American Legion Mall enjoying live music, informational booths, dancing and food from various vendors. For more information, visit the Circle City IN Pride website.
- Let’s Meet PBS KIDS in the Park – June 9 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. – sponsored by WFYI Public Broadcasting for the 18th year, this annual family favorite in Military Park gives your kids a chance to meet Cat in the Hat, Clifford, Curious George and other PBS KIDS. The whole family will enjoy a fun afternoon of live entertainment on three stages, hands-on educational activities and a wide selection of tasty festival foods. For more information, visit www.wfyi.org or call 317-715-2006.
- Independent Music + Art Festival – June 9 from noon – 8 p.m. – the Harrison Center for the Arts is home to this exciting annual event that honors local musicians with live music performances, visual artists and more. Judge’s Barbeque, Duos and Sun King Brewing Company will provide food and beverages. Visit the Independent Music + Art Festival Facebook page for more details.
- Talbot Street Art Fair – June 9 (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.) and June 10 (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) – take a walk down Talbot Street to see and purchase works of art from more than 270 artists from around the United States. Live entertainment and food booths will be on hand, and admission is FREE. Visit www.talbotstreet.org for more information, or call 317-745-6479.
- Christ Church Strawberry Festival – June 14 from 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., or until the berries run out – once again, strawberry-lovers will take over Monument Circle for this yummy mini-festival. We always get the “Works”, traditional strawberries, ice cream and whipped topping on a shortcake biscuit for $6, but other variations will be available for less. Check out www.cccindy.org for more details, or call 317-636-4577.
- El Dia de la Familia Festival – June 16 from 2 – 11 p.m. – enjoy the authentic flavors of Latin American in Military Park as you view colorful art and dance to live Mariachi bands at this FREE event. For more information, go to the WEDJ-FM – Radio Latina website, or call 317-860-0606.
So get out there and enjoy some of these wonderful artistic and cultural events that Indianapolis has to offer. You only have yourself to blame if you don’t.