At Thiele, we know that maintenance to your heating and air conditioning system will keep the units performing well, and can help to avoid an emergency service call for many years (and who doesn’t want that!). For your HVAC needs, we recommend the following:
- Clean or replace air filters regularly
- Clean the system, remove debris
- Professional tune-up performed regularly
- Set up a regular maintenance schedule
In addition to heating and cooling maintenance, there is plenty you can take care of to ensure your home is always in tip-top shape! Get a head start on spring cleaning with this checklist of tasks.
- Clean Out Gutters – Midwest weather brings many changes over the fall and winter months. Be sure to check out those gutters and clean out any leaves, debris, or dirt that may have accumulated. Your home will be prepared for those spring showers!
- Inspect Roof – While you’re checking out the exterior of your house, be sure to look over your roof for damage, leaks, or more that could have occurred. Repair as needed, but keep in mind, you may need a professional!
- Clean Range Hood Grease Filters – Do you remember the last time you did this? If not, we bet you’re not alone. According to Handyman.com, this chore can be done in no time. First, fill a sink with hot water and a water-based degreaser. Next, drop in the filter and let it set for just a few minutes. Then just rinse it off, and it should be sparkling clean!
- Deep Clean Basement – If you have a basement, are notoriously overlooked, especially if you use it mostly for storage. Clean any windows, check for mold, organize and dust as needed.
- Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Detectors – Be sure to check that smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are working and in good order. At the same time, since the colder temperature may keep you inside, this is a great time to go over your fire action plan.
While this is not an exhaustive list, we hope this will inspire you to perform regular inspections to maintain your home. As one of your most important investments, maintenance is a necessary step in your home’s comfort and safety.
As always, Thiele is just a phone call away at 317-639-1111, or click the link to contact us online!