Home Delivery of Hundreds of AC and Heating System Filter Sizes Made Easy
We recently heard about one of those ideas that should have utility company executives saying "Why didn’t I think of that?" Houston -based utility company Reliant Energy has introduced a new online service called Reliant Filters Made EasySM.
The new program delivers the right replacement filters directly to consumers’ homes on a set schedule they choose, which makes regular replacement of air filters for cooling and heating systems convenient and easy.
Regular replacement of air filters provides you with:
- Cleaner, healthier air in your home
- A "greener" home
- Lower utility bills
To Paraphrase Franklin: An Ounce of Preventive Maintenance is Worth a Pound of Cure
As we state on our website: "Many homeowners do not perform proper maintenance on their systems, which can cause a variety of problems in the future. Most problems occur due to a general lack of ventilation system maintenance, most frequently the lack of changing the air filter." To maintain your heating and cooling systems at peak operating efficiency, we recommend that you replace filters every three months.
- As your hired professionals, we feel it is our obligation to inform our customers of these facts to help
prevent the need for us to return in 3 or 6 months to perform another repair.
- Members of the Thiele "Rewards" Service Program, who have their air filters replaced by our techs twice a year as part of their service can set up a six month delivery schedule to offset those periods between scheduled maintenance.
Any consumer can sign up for the new air filter delivery service, whether a Reliant customer or not. (opens in new window)
Clean Air Filters Keep Heating / Air Conditioning Systems Running Efficiently
"Changing return air filters regularly plays a key role in keeping your AC or heating system running efficiently," said Arcadillo Padilla, Energy Consultant, Reliant Energy. "Clogged filters block some airflow. With normal airflow obstructed, air can bypass the filter and carry dirt directly into the system. This can significantly reduce its efficiency, and increase the amount of energy needed to heat or cool the home."
- Reliant Filters Made Easy home delivery service helps you maintain your heating and cooling system with automatic delivery of replacement air filters on the schedule you choose.
- The program supports hundreds of filter size / quality combinations, including hard-to-find and custom sizes.
- Air filters should be checked at least once a month and replaced every one to three months, according to ENERGY STAR®.
Reliant Filters Made Easy are priced competitively compared to other retailers. Additionally, purchases of more than one filter will receive up to 60 percent off each additional filter. Shipping is provided free of charge.
Improved Operating Efficiency Means Lowers Utility Bills
"Heating and cooling can account for up to 60 percent of Texans’ energy use [approximately 45% in Central Indiana,] so keeping these systems operating properly is one of the most important steps you can take to manage your energy use," said Bill Clayton, Vice President of Customer Care Operations, Reliant Energy. "We’re helping customers lower their energy use by making it more convenient to regularly replace their air filters."
This seems to us to be a "no-brainer," a program that IPL and utility companies across the country should adopt. Just think about how much energy could be saved if every heating and air conditioning system in the country operated at peak efficiency. While those statistics are not readily available, we feel they would be significant enough to make this a worthwhile endeavor.
If you have any questions about air filters, preventative maintenance, or the Thiele "Rewards" Service program, call 317-639-1111 or visit www.CallThiele.com.