Halloween is just around the corner and, as hard as it is to believe after this summer of record heat drought in Indianapolis, winter is rapidly approaching. That means it’s time to prepare yourself, and your home, for the cold weather to come.
To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin, an ounce of preventative maintenance is worth a pound of repairs.
The first thing you should do, if you haven’t already, is change your air filter! As John Traub, our company president, has been known to say, “If everyone just changed their filters, I would be out of business.”
Thiele President John Traub discusses the importance of changing your ventilation system’s air filters regularly.
Depending on where you live, this past summer’s extremely dry conditions may have caused considerably higher levels of dust particles in the air, which would have clogged up your filter more than usual.
Did you know that a dusty filter reduces air flow and increases the energy usage by 5 – 15%? Additionally, a dusty filter will often lead to a dirty coil, which may affect the performance of your home’s ventilation system, or worse, cause the need for a costly repair.
According to PATH, a Public – Private Partnership for Advancing Housing Technology, you should “Get your furnace checked and tuned up by professionals. Keeping your heating system at its optimum efficiency could save you hundreds of dollars on heating costs.”
You should schedule your appointment as soon as possible, for a number of reasons:
- Between the drastic temperature swings lately, which are causing both emergency heater and air conditioner repair calls, and Autumn heating system tune-ups and maintenance, this time of year is the busy season for heating & cooling businesses; service availability when you want it may become a problem.
- You never can tell about the weather; Central Indiana can get a sudden cold snap any time during this transition period. It’s happened before. We’ve already seen nighttime temperatures already dip into the 30s.
- Don’t take the risk of your furnace breaking down on you during the cold winter months.
We currently have appointments available to perform comprehensive maintenance checks of your furnace, boiler, heat pump and ventilation system.
At the same time, you might want to take advantage of the Thiele “Rewards” Service Program. For a very affordable annual fee, we will:
- Perform preventive maintenance twice a year, Spring and Autumn
- Check and adjust air flow temperature
- Clean or replace air filters
- Calibrate thermostats
- Clean coils and clear debris from condenser unit
- Provide a 10% discount on any parts and repairs, including for current visit
Thiele’s “Rewards” Service Program can provide you with the peace-of-mind of knowing that a well-maintained system rarely breaks down, but that in an emergency, you are our top priority! You can count on Thiele’s skilled service tecnicians to provide prompt, reliable service.
To schedule your appointment, call Thiele Heating & Air Conditioning, Indy’s oldest heating & cooling company, at (317) 639-1111. For more information, visit our website, www.CallThiele.com.